A lot has changed in the 5-plus years since the release of Baby 1.0. We’ve seen massive developments in both input and output language parsing, and the implementation of a self-cleaning function has been a godsend. Baby 1.0 has also reached the point where we can send it out to a development facility for several hours each day.
Since Baby 1.0 we’ve had quite a number of attempts to get hold of a new model, with a distinct lack of success. Thankfully, back on the 12th of August, we acquired a brand new version.
We’ve spent three weeks testing the new model Baby 2.0, and it has been a mixture of surprise and familiarity. The first surprise was the new quality control facility that had been constructed since 1.0. The facility is bright and clean, with much better views than the previous one. Great work to all involved.
The acquisition of Baby 2.0 was much more controlled than 1.0. With 1.0 we had to battle with the production facility for some 30 hours before finally resorting to a manual retrieval. After the failures with 1.1 and 1.2, the experts suggested we pre-book a retrieval for 2.0. We did this, and everything went swimmingly well. The package arrived intact, with all the correct parts. It was a little smaller than 1.0 (3.9kg vs 4.15kg), but equally appealing to look at. We did of course have no opportunity to select between the two main versions, but have ended up with one of each, which is great.
In general, Baby 2.0 has been equivalent to 1.0 in terms of behaviour and usability. The integrated alarm function is still poorly calibrated, waking us up several times a night. It took us several months to debug this function in 1.0, and I’ m hoping we can do the same with 2.0. The new model has a greatly improved ingestion system however, requiring very little help and causing a heck of a lot less pain and anguish than 1.0.
Overall I’m very happy with the acquisition. I couldn’t recommend it highly enough. 5 stars out of 5!