In the spirit of Web 2.0 and user created content, I had a sudden realisation that rather than sit by myself and puzzle through some ideas, I should ask the community. That would be you fullahs.
So, let’s assume for the sake of argument that I’m going to present a tech/gadget segment on a mainstream national television show in the near future. Based on that assumption, I have a bunch of good ideas for themes, but I’d love some additional feedback and off-the-wall ideas.
Fire away in the comments, but here are some possible constraints:
- The show is mainstream, not a dedicated tech show. This doesn’t mean it’s all toasters and coffee machines, but it does mean anything presented/reviewed has to be engaging and have a mainstream ‘hook’. Would it be of interest to your father-in-law?
- On the flipside, if you (as a presumably highly tech-savvy blog/twitter reader), happened to be watching a mainstream TV show, I’d hope you’d be interested in the spot enough to stop and watch.
- 5-7 minutes, so barely long enough to cover off a head-to-head in detail, or gloss over 3 or 4 options.
Current ideas/themes to start you off:
- Hi-Def camcorder comparisons
- Kitchen gadgets
- Multitools/pocket knives
- Kids learning gadgets (leapster et al)
There you have it. I would massively appreciate any and all ideas.