In a slick segue from my previous post on T-Mobile, Ticketek NZ have also had a decent raking-over-coals in the past week. It culminated today with their failed astroturf attempt hitting the tech section of the NZ Herald.
I first saw the story on WebFroot. Basically it goes like this:
- Alan over at Half Pie makes a post complaining about the fairly average usability of Ticketek’s website.
- Others allow as to how they find the website equally difficult to use.
- ‘Simone’ (is it just me, or is this a poorly-veiled reference to the film of the same name (starring Al Pacino) in which Simone is an artificial character?!), posts about how much she loves Ticketek.
- Alan does a simple check on Simone’s source IP, and discovers it belongs to Ticketek. Hilarity ensues
- WebFroot and BoingBoing pick up on the story.
- New Zealand’s largest daily newspaper sticks the boot in.
Aaah. It’s a fine day in little old New Zealand when we get our very own scandal in the blogosphere.